Trimmer / Finisher
Reporting to: Workshop Production Supervisor
- To provide support to the production team to efficiently meet the production plan.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Observe all relevant Health & Safety procedures.
- Efficient working methods in order to maximise use of time.
- Housekeeping of work area.
- Safe use of power tools and equipment where required.
- Fitting of carpet and vinyl trim components using adhesives.
- Modification and refitting of original components (bumper, spare wheel, etc).
- Fitting of additional equipment (safety belts, seats, ramps, etc).
- Fitting and wiring of some electrical equipment (winches, etc).
- Manufacture/modification of trim-related sub assemblies such as head linings.
- Good relationships with all departmental staff, including Supervisors and Manager.
- Low level – prioritising own work effectively.
This description is not exhaustive. It is intended to give a general outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the position may be introduced after discussion with the job holder.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to the work.
- Work in a controlled manner at all times.
- No direct vehicle experience necessary.
- Experience or interest in vehicles / mechanics / electrics / home furnishing trimming could be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com with the subject ‘Trimmer / Finisher application’.