Reporting to: Production Supervisor
- To provide support to the production team to efficiently meet the production plan.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Observe all relevant Health & Safety procedures.
- Efficient working methods in order to maximise use of time.
- Housekeeping of work area.
- Safe use of power tools and equipment where required.
- Modification & fitment fuel systems and components.
- Modification & fitment exhaust systems.
- Manufacturing, fitting and testing of brake pipes and associated assemblies.
- Fitting additional electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Fitting of hydraulic equipment.
- Fault diagnosis of all the above systems.
- Other associated work as required.
- Good relationships with all departmental staff, including Supervisors and Manager.
- Low level – prioritising own work effectively.
This description is not exhaustive. It is intended to give a general outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the position may be introduced after discussion with the job holder.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to the work.
- Work in a controlled manner at all times.
- Working environment experience of vehicle mechanics, electrical systems, etc.
- An interest in vehicles could be advantageous.
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications in mechanical discipline preferable.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Fitter application’.