Reporting to: Production Supervisor
- To provide support to the production team to efficiently meet the production plan.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Observe all relevant Health & Safety procedures.
- Efficient working methods in order to maximise use of time.
- Housekeeping of work area.
- Safe use of power tools and equipment where required.
- Cutting and removing materials and preventative substances (wax, etc), including original metal flooring and associated components from base vehicles.
- Cutting and preparation of materials prior to welding, painting, sealing & undersealing.
- Component assembly, sub assembly & fitting.
- Welding mild steel components using the MIG process, to include component manufacture and fitting/welding components to vehicles.
- Undersealing, paint spraying and similar operations.
- Other associated work as required.
- Good relationships with all departmental staff, including Supervisors and Manager.
- Low level- Prioritising own work effectively.
This description is not exhaustive. It is intended to give a general outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the position may be introduced after discussion with the job holder.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to the work.
- Work in a controlled manner at all times.
- Working environment experience of MIG welding mild steel of carrying thickness, along with good understanding of distortion and metalworking processes.
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications in a welding / fabrication discipline preferable.
- An interest in vehicles could be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com with the subject ‘Welder application’.