The Motability scheme enables disabled people to use their government-funded mobility allowance to lease a new car. In fact, since the Scheme was set up in 1978, Motability has helped over 3 million people get mobile with a new vehicle.
There are currently over 630,000 people enjoying the benefits of Motability. The following are included in our worry-free package:
- A brand new Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) every five years
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- Annual vehicle tax
- Replacement tyres
- Windscreen repair or replacement
- 100,000 mileage allowance over three years for WAVs
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Two named drivers for your car
Are you eligible?
If you are disabled, you may be able to exchange your mobility allowance to get a vehicle that suits your needs. What’s more, you don’t even need to drive. Family, friends or carers can drive on your behalf.